ToeSox Yoga-Pilates Toe Socks with Grips

on Thursday, October 14, 2010

ToeSox Yoga-Pilates Toe Socks with Grips Review By S. E. Williams


I bought these because we our yoga class is on a hardwood floor. While barefoot is best, I'm a little squeamish about how clean the floor is. Also it can be a little slick when we're off the mat.

Socks work great for yoga. So I tried them in a NIA class - which involves lots of movement and dance moves. No slipping! Last night someone called them my movable, portable yoga mat.

When using for the NIA class on carpet, I noticed the socks shifted a little on my feet, i.e. my toes started slipping out. One tug and they were fine.


People ask, "Don't your toes feel strange?" I don't notice any strangeness or discomfort. I'd recommend them highly.

ToeSox Yoga-Pilates Toe Socks with Grips Review By Patricia Brune

I love these socks! They fit well and are not bulky between the toes. I tried them out primarily for the Pilates studio, and there they excel in keeping my feet warm and clean, while providing a comfort barrier between heels or balls of the feet and the reformer footbar. I also appreciate the non-stick soles and the mental comfort level from having my less than attractive feet covered up yet fully accessible for Pilates.


I do not recommend these for vinyasa yoga, I tried and my feet slid somewhat backward out of the socks while moving in and out of Down Dog. However, they are perfect for seated and prone yoga, inversions or to pull on for Savasana and/or meditation. The light layer keeps the feet warm, hence providing a warming, calming effect for the entire body. Separating the toes is a yogic principle anyway, and while doing meditative or long holding, non-flow asana, the individually wrapped toes help you achieve this goal.

I've recently tried them for my fusion Pilates, ballet inspired and Yoga Booty Ballet videos (light impact, barefoot dancing) with success, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment