Gaiam Thirsty Yoga Towel (Smokey Purple)

on Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gaiam Thirsty Yoga Towel (Smokey Purple) Review By Felicia Wong

 I have sweaty palms, which makes yoga difficult for me. I've tried a rosin bag, wiping down my mat, but I still slipped and slid around in asanas like downward dog. I finally bought this yoga towel, and I have to say that it eliminates most of my slipping problems.

However, when there's a lot of movement involved, the towel moves out of place very easily because there are no traction / silicon dots like the pricier yoga towels. Sometimes when the person beside me plonks down his/her mat, the draft created also blows the towel out of place.

Overall, the towel has served its purpose, and I don't mind the occasional smoothing out / adjusting during yoga class. It is not overly distracting, and something I can live with, rather than pay $60 for a Yogitoes towel. Moving forward, I may look into an open-cell yoga mat like Jade for a less slippery surface, instead of having to deal with a towel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment