Valeo Yoga and Pilates Mat (Purple)

on Sunday, October 17, 2010

Valeo Yoga and Pilates Mat (Purple) Review By Jill Florio "blog.runpee.com"

I find this dark plum-colored mat attractive, sticky and a stable source for downward dog poses, upward bow variations, shoulder stands and everything else. It's long enough for me to keep my entire body on the mat when lying down (I'm 5'4). It's a good, basic product. The mat didn't even have a strong "new mat" smell when freshly opened, which was a plus.

My husband uses the mat for more conventional workouts - as a base for crunches and push ups. We've even used it for tai chi and qi gong.


At a good price point, this product's usefulness lies in between a light traveling yoga mat and a thick plush one. I found it too big to fold into my suitcase when I took a flight (actually, it could have been squished down to fit, but took up more room than I had to spare). So I do have to travel without a mat when I fly.

On the other hand, the mat is on the thin side when using over a bare, non-carpeted flooring. I have tried some of my friends' thicker mats, and those are much more comfortable on the heels of the hands in sideways planks and frequent knee-bearing transitions.

In a way, it might be better to have two mats - one light, thin one for traveling, and one thick, plush one for home use. I have actually ordered a second mat for my husband that I plan to use when he is not, doubling up on the mats for extra cushy comfort.

However, if you are limited in space or budget, or otherwise only need one good fitness/yoga mat, this mat is a solid choice.

Recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment